This 1-year GCSE Physics course is equally suitable for students who aim to raise their grades, retake their GCSEs, or for those who did not take GCSE before but wish to do so in one year. These courses would also suit those who have been home-educated as a final preparation for the examinations.
Why this course?
- You will have full access to this course to study on your own pace 24 hours 7 days a week
- You will be assigned a personal tutor for approximately 2 hours every week (unless otherwise agreed upon) for 6 months (from the start date agreed upon) to teach you the course
- Scheme of work to help you structure a full week of studying
- Formative assessments containing end of topic quizzes and Tutor -Marked Assignments
- Academic Adviser to oversee your course and offer you general guidance
- Recommended text books
- Course Specification
- Unit 1 Forces SOW
- Unit 2 Energy SOW
- Unit 3 Waves SOW
- Unit 4 Electricity SOW
- Unit 5 Magnetism and electromagnetism SOW
- Unit 6 Particle model of matter SOW
- Unit 7 Atomic structure SOW
- Unit 8 Space physics SOW
How do I apply?
Enroll online, or contact us.
How is this course assessed (course code: 8463)?
Students will have formative assessments throughout the course and can be taken in various forms as many times as possible. The summative assessments are the name given to the examinations offered by exam boards, such as AQA, which the student will take at the end of the course in any approved exam centre across the country.
Formative assessments include:
- End of topic assessments – 50-mark tests made up of foundation- and higher-tier questions
- Online Quizzes to help you stay focused and monitor your progression
- Tutor Marked Assignments to consolidate your learning
- Revision materials – various tasks to support revision
Final (summative) Assessments structure
|Paper||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|What is assessed||Topics 1-4: Energy; Electricity; Particle model of matter; and Atomic structure||Topics 5-8: Forces; Waves; Magnetism and electromagnetism; and Space physics|
|Length of paper||1 hour 45 minutes||1 hour 45 minutes|
|Percentage of grade||50%||50%|
Please check AQA’s official exam series timetable for 2018-2019 to find out when these, and other, exams will be held.
If you are studying Combined Science: Trilogy, or studying iGCSE Physics, then please click here and here respectively to view the course details, and please contact us so that we may further discuss your options.
Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to purchasing.
Topic 1: Energy
Topic 2: Electricity
Topic 3: Particle model of matter
Topic 4: Atomic structure
Topic 5: Forces
- Forces and their interactions
- Weight and Centre Mass
- Resultant Forces
- Work Done
- Extension & Compression
- Speed and Distance
- Using Graphs
- Falling Objects
- Effect of Forces/Newton’s First Law
- F=ma/Newton’s Second & Third Laws of Motion
- Stopping Distance
- Momentum 2
Topic 6: Waves
Topic 7: Magnetism and electromagnetism
Unit 8: Space physics