How to Join?
- English tutors for Key Stages 2 to 5
- Maths tutors for Key Stages 2 to 5
- Tutors for GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Tutors for Social Sciences (GCSE and A-level)
- Tutors for Governments and Politics (A-level)
- English tutors for adult classes in our Shepherd’s Bush centre
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Possess relevant qualifications in the subject you intend to teach (teaching qualifications such as QTS or PGCE are advantageous but not compulsory)
- Hold a valid enhanced DBS/CRB certificate (we can help you apply for one if you do not currently hold one)
- Be able to speak English fluently
- Be willing to travel to clients in and around London
- Care about your students’ progression
Believe in our Vision, Mission and Values behind it
- To create a network of top class educators to make quality education accessible locally everywhere in the world in whatever possible way for people.
- To make education more accessible
- Home education – London U.K,
- Online Tuition – Anywhere in the world,
- In-class courses at our Shepherds Bush centre
- Our commitment to Quality in Recruitment:
Through a rigorous selection process, we interview every teacher that wants to join us after a submission of very detailed application which is judged on experience, commitment to the teaching profession, and academic record, background checks (Enhanced DBS) and reference checks are carried out where necessary.
- Our commitment to quality in teaching:
We aim to be an exemplary service organisation, delivering the highest quality services to our customers, putting you at the heart of what we do, and you can always expect us to adhere to the following values: Integrity, Fairness, Openness, transparency and clarity – about what we do and how we do it.
Integrity is an important and lasting principle that guides our mission to our vision:
- Continuous improvement using a variety of methods, including measuring satisfaction, setting challenging targets and monitoring our performance against service level agreements
- Consultation to provide a service that meets the needs of our customers
- Openness, transparency and clarity about what we do and how we do it
- Timely services delivered to mutually agreed timescales. Where this is not possible we will keep customers informed as to why, and when a resolution can be expected
- Fair and equal treatment of all customers, staff, partners and suppliers, recognising the value of diversity
- Listening to feedback, suggestions and comments, actively sought from our customers, and improving our services where practicable as a result
Please read through the following guidelines that will help you complete the application form.
- Complete all sections of the form.
- Make sure the form is tidy and try to avoid mistakes by writing out a version first to make sure you are happy with the information you are providing. Always read through your final version before you send it.
If you require an acknowledgement of your application:
- If emailing you must activate a read receipt from your email account.
- If sending by post you must enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- Please note with limited resources, we cannot verify if we have received your application over the phone.
To complete your application:
- Ensure you clearly state the job title you are applying for.
- In the ‘Employment History’ section you must state why you have left a position.
- Always explain any gaps in work history.
- Proof of qualifications and membership to professional bodies may be required.
We will take up professional references once you have been interviewed and provisionally offered the post. Please make sure that you have given the full contact details of your referees so that this does not delay processing reference requests. If you have no employer references, we will take up references with named individuals at colleges where you have studied, or people who know you in a professional capacity. Please do not put down family members or people you live with as referees. You will only be confirmed in the post once we are satisfied with the information received from your referees.
The ‘Why you feel you are suitable for this position’ part of the form is called your supporting statement. It is the most important part of the application form.
You should consider the following:
- Applications can only be assessed on the information you provide. You need to clearly demonstrate your capabilities.
- You need to explain how you meet each of the person specification/job requirements and provide examples from your previous experience. Do not forget to present this in relation to the job description.
- We expect your supporting statement to be a minimum of ¾ of a side of A4 and a maximum of 2 sides.
- Honesty is always the best policy; please do not make false claims.
- If you are making a career change, stress what skills are transferable to the role you are applying for.
- Ensure you return your application in good time before the closing date – aim for the day before the deadline.
- Use concise, unambiguous sentences and avoid exaggerations.
Finally, we wish you the best with your application and thank you for your interest in The Local Teachers.
Before you start teaching you will have:
- Attended an induction day
- Been given a welcome pack
- Been given system training
- All the relevant resources on hand
- The correct student contact information.
What you can expect:
Our clients are mostly long-term, meaning you can structure and plan several weeks in advance – something our competitors cannot offer!
Be either self-employed or under our payroll.
Room for specialisation
You choose which area you want to work at.
2-hour lessons, up to 20 hours a week!
Depending on the course you are teaching you will be expected to deliver lessons, mark assignments & homework, and assist students to reach their highest academic potential. You will be given detailed instructions in relation to the course you are assigned to teach, such as how to:
- Conduct an appropriate initial assessment
- Create an Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Record session reports
- Manage student courses and Quizzes online
This is a particularly fantastic opportunity for those studying towards teaching qualifications.