This GCSE Mathematics course gently guides the student through basic mathematical skills, progressing onto more advanced material as the student’s skills and abilities develop. The course is divided into two parts: the first is for all students studying mathematics, and the second is for those who who have entered for the Higher tier examination (check your specification code – if it says
Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study.
Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self-assessment questions.
There are thirteen tutor-marked assignments and a practice exam paper.The course covers the entire syllabus in 12 modules, with a 13th on the examination.
Why this course?
- You will have full access to this course to study on your own pace 24 hours 7 days a week
- You will be assigned a personal tutor for approximately 2 hours every week (unless otherwise agreed upon) for 6 months (from the start date agreed upon) to teach you the course
- Scheme of work to help you structure you full week of studying
- Formative assessments containing end of topic quizzes and Tutor -Marked Assignments
- Academic Adviser to oversee your course and offer you general guidance
How do I apply?
Enroll online, or contact us.
How will the course be assessed (course code: 8300)?
Student will have formative assessments throughout the course and can be taken in various forms as many times as possible. The summative assessments are the examinations offered by exam boards, such as AQA, which the student will take at the end of the course in any approved exam centre across the country.
Our GCSE Maths course prepares students for AQA’s GCSE Mathematics 8300 linear specification for exams in 2017 and later years. We have chosen this syllabus as it is the most suited to distance learning (an iGCSE Maths course is also available).
Formative assessments include:
- End-of-topic assessments – 50-mark tests made up of foundation- and higher-tier questions
- Tutor Marked Assignments to consolidate your learning
- Online Quizzes to help you stay focused and monitor your progression
- Revision materials – various tasks to support revision
Final (summative) Assessments structure:
Students should be prepared to answer questions on all topics in the specification within each paper.
|Paper||Paper 1 (Non-Calculator)||Paper 2 (Non-Calculator)||Paper 3 (Calculator)|
|Length of paper||1 hour 30 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Percentage of grade||33⅓%||33⅓%||33⅓%|
Questions: From short, single-answer responses to multi-step questions requiring a thorough understanding of the topics covered. Students should expect the paper to become more challenging as they progress through it.
Please check AQA’s official exam series timetable for 2018-2019 to find out when these, and other, exams will be held. These dates may change, so make sure to check back frequently.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 14
- Duration 200 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 567
- Assessments Yes