This 1-year GCSE Biology course is equally suitable for students who aim to raise their grades, retake their GCSEs, or for those who did not take GCSE before but wish to do so in one year. These courses would also suit those who have been home-educated as a final preparation for the examinations.
Why this course?
- You will have full access to this course allowing you to study at your own pace 24 hours 7 days a week
- You will be assigned a a personal tutor for approximately 2 hours every week (unless otherwise agreed upon) for 6 months (from the start date agreed upon) to teach you the course
- Scheme of work to help you structure a full week of studying
- Formative assessments aim to help you consolidate your learning, consisting of end of topic quizzes and Tutor-Marked Assignments
- Academic Adviser to oversee your course and help you with anything involve with your course and it’s teaching materials
- Recommended text books
- Course Specification
- Unit 1 Cell biology SOW
- Unit 2 Organisation SOW
- Unit 3 Infection and response SOW
- Unit 4 Bioenergetics SOW
- Unit 5 Homeostasis and response SOW
- Unit 6 Inheritance, variation and evolution SOW
- Unit 7 Ecology SOW
How do I apply?
Enrol online, or contact us.
How is this course assessed (course code: 8461)?
There are two forms of assessment for all of The Local Teachers’ structured courses: formative assessments and final summative assessments.
Students will have formative assessments throughout the course and can be taken in various forms as many times as possible.
The summative assessments are the examinations offered by exam boards, such as AQA, which the student will take at the end of the course in any approved exam centre across the country.
Formative assessments include:
- End of topic assessments – 50-mark tests made up of foundation- and higher-tier questions
- Online Quizzes to help you stay focused and monitor your progression
- Revision materials – various tasks to support revision
Final (summative) Assessments structure
|Paper||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|What is assessed||Topics 1–4: Cell biology; Organisation; Infection and response; and Bioenergetics||Topics 5–7: Homeostasis and response; Inheritance, variation and evolution; and Ecology|
|Length of paper||1 hour 45 minutes||1 hour 45 minutes|
|Percentage of grade||50%||50%|
Please check AQA’s official exam series timetable for 2018-2019 to find out when these, and other, exams will be held.
If you are studying Combined Science: Trilogy, or studying iGCSE Biology, then please click here and here respectively to view the course details, and please contact us so that we may further discuss your options.
Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to purchasing.
- Lectures 86
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 200 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 274
- Assessments Yes